Lawn Care Service in Maryland
Blades of Green is a full-service lawn care company that specializes in weed control, fertilization, and pest management. Our team will work with you to create a custom plan that fits your needs and budget. You’ll never have to worry about weeds again!
Get the lush green lawn you’ve always wanted without having to spend hours tending it yourself. Call us today for more information on how we can help make your yard look its best!
Service Areas in Maryland & Northern Virginia
- Alexandria City
- Annapolis Junction, MD
- Anne Arundel
- Arnold, MD
- Bethesda, MD
- Bowie, MD
- Boyds, MD
- Chevy Chase, MD
- Churchton, MD
- Clarksburg, MD
- Clinton, MD
- College Park, MD
- Columbia, MD
- Crofton, MD
- Crownsville, MD
- Davidsonville, MD
- Edgewater, MD
- Ellicott City, MD
- Falls Church City
- Fort Washington, MD
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Gibson Island, MD
- Glen Burnie, MD
- Glenn Dale, MD
- Laurel, MD
- Manassas City
- Manassas Park City
- Marlboro, MD
- Mitchellville, MD
- North Potomac, MD
- Odenton, MD
- Pasadena, MD
- Potomac, MD
- Prince William
- Queen Annes
- Riva, MD
- Rockville, MD
- Saint Marys
- Severn, MD
- Severna Park, MD
- Shady Side, MD
- Silver Spring, MD
- Upper Marlboro, MD
- Waldorf, MD
- West River, MD
- Annandale, VA
- Arlington, VA
- Ashburn, VA
- Burke, VA
- Chantilly, VA
- Clarksville, VA
- Fairfax, VA
- Falls Church City, VA
- Fairfax, VA
- Great Falls, VA
- Herndon, VA
- Lorton, VA
- Manassas City, VA
- Manassas Park City, VA
- Mclean, VA
- Oakton, VA
- Prince William, VA
- Reston, VA
- Springfield, VA
- Springfield, VA
- Tysons, VA
- Vienna, VA
Weed Control in Maryland
Weeds are unsightly and can be difficult to remove if they get out of control. We offer weed control services in Maryland to eliminate your problem once and for all. Having a beautiful lawn is about more than just having green grass; it’s also about the absence of weeds, which can ruin an otherwise perfect yard.
Clients Love Us - No, Seriously… they do! But don’t take our word for it.
We have been Blades of Green customers since 2005, for many different services from lawn maintenance, to sidewalk installation, to pest control, and there has never been a problem. We would highly recommend them to anyone.- Arlene M.
I signed up for this service as I quickly realized I do not have the time I thought I would to tend to the lawn. I am truly impressed with the service and quick improvement my lawn has had in the last two months! In addition to scheduled lawn care, the most recent tech De'Janae even brought my trash/recycling bins that were left at the street from trash day up to my garage during her visit. I appreciate the time and thoughtfulness I have seen thus far.- Arielle N.
Blades of Green lawn care service has been great to work with. When we moved here our front yard was nothing but weeds and now its nothing but GREEN! Every tech that comes by has been super professional and very pleasant. Any issue we have they come out and handle with their expertise however up keep like mowing and water is what we do and helps with maintaining. Would definitely recommend them to anyone who needs help with wanting a good looking lawn to be green and healthy!- Michelle Bergstrom
How to Eliminate Weeds From Your Maryland Lawn or Garden
There are a few steps you should take to eliminate weeds from your lawn or garden:
- Remove them by hand; this is probably the first step that most homeowners will want to take as it allows for more control. Try using tools like gloves, gardening shears, and a shovel for best results.
- Use weed killer; herbicides are another great method for weed control. Keep in mind that they usually come with their own set of risks, so you’ll want to be sure to follow all label instructions.
- Use weed-burning; the final option is less commonly used but can be very effective if done properly. We don’t recommend this method unless absolutely necessary because it can cause damage to your lawn or garden.
- Hire a Lawn Care Service company; this is our preferred method because it’s safe, effective, and affordable. Blades of Green will carefully inspect your lawn before developing a plan to rid of your weeds for good!
Call us today for more information on how we can help you get rid of those pesky plants once and for all!
Fertilization in Maryland
Adding fertilizer to your yard is one of the best steps you can take towards achieving optimal health for your lawn. Why do we recommend fertilizing? Fertilizers are designed to improve the health of any plant by adding important nutrients that they would otherwise be unable to access. These nutrients give plants more energy so they can continue growing thick, lush leaves year-round. What types of fertilizers are available?
Types of Fertilizer
There are three different types of fertilizer: organic, synthetic, and natural. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages which we will discuss below:
- Organic: Organic fertilizers are made up of decaying plant and animal matter which is broken down naturally over the course of a few years. This type of fertilizer is slow acting but lasts much longer than other options. Since it’s entirely natural, organic fertilizers also result in richer soil that should then be more resistant to weeds, insects, and other potential hazards.
- Synthetic: Synthetic fertilizers (also known as chemical or artificial) provide nutrients for your yard quickly but don’t last very long. They do, however, come cheap and can be purchased at your local grocery store.
- Natural: Natural fertilizers are a mixture of organic and synthetic ingredients designed to provide a strong, sustainable boost to your plants’ health. These nutrients will last for months, but you may need to reapply them regularly depending on your yard’s size and how much it is used during the year.
Blades of Green offers a variety of benefits that can help you improve the quality of your lawn. Our team can use our experience from years in this industry to help you choose the option that best fits your goals as well as your budget. Contact us today with questions or concerns so we can get started!
Pest Control in Maryland
You don’t have to live with pests like mosquitoes, wasps, ticks, and rodents; Blade of Green offers pest control services in Maryland that are designed to get rid of these annoying insects once and for all! What makes us different? We don’t just offer temporary solutions that pose problems down the road. Our team will give you a treatment plan that works with your home or business so that pests are eliminated long-term.
What Pests Do We Treat?
Our team treats a variety of pests throughout Maryland including:
- Rodents: Mice & rats can quickly become a nuisance as they chew through wires and spread disease. It’s important to take care of them immediately because they can cause damage not only at your home or business, but also to surrounding areas.
- Mosquitos: DO NOT underestimate the nuisance of mosquitos! They’re more than just annoying pests; they can carry some dangerous diseases that can result in serious long-term health problems for you and/or your family members. Mosquitos are most common during spring, summer, and fall so it’s important to take action now before their numbers grow even larger.
- Wasps & Bees: Wasps and bees are beautiful creatures that play an important role in the ecosystem of our planet. However, they can also pose a serious threat to anyone who interacts with them. That’s why it’s important to contact us for wasp control or bee removal before you get stung! Our team is experienced with handling these unique insects; we won’t put you at risk.
- Moles, Voles, & Gophers: Moles burrow underground and can create a serious nuisance for homeowners all over Maryland. They dig tunnels that destroy your yard and cause potential damage to the foundation of your home or business. Voles also live below ground and do not require as much maintenance as moles since they can quickly become a nuisance. Gophers use their large front teeth to dig long tunnel systems which results in significant property damage if left untreated. These pests can pose safety risks to kids and pets who may try to play with them or step into their tunnels; contact us today so we can remove any threat!
- Spiders: Spiders are unique creatures that help maintain balance in the ecosystem by eating other insects. While some people find them pleasant to look at, others are terrified of even the smallest species. Our team can help you maintain control over your spider population with pesticide services.
Rodent Control in Maryland
Another pest that’s common in Maryland are rodents! They may seem cute when they scuttle across your yard or into your house, but these creatures are destructive and harmful to have around. Not only do they carry germs on their paws, but they also chew through wires which is extremely dangerous for everyone in the home! Our team offers rodent control services in Maryland that will make sure every rodent is eliminated for good.
- Mice & Rats: Mice & rats are most active during spring and fall. They like to move into homes and other areas where they can find food and warm temperatures.
- Chipmunks & Squirrels: Chipmunks & squirrels live in tunnels that can cause significant damage throughout your yard if left unattended. They’re most active during spring, summer, and early fall when there is plenty of food available outside for them to consume.
Mosquito Control in Maryland
Mosquitos are more than just pesky insects; they can carry viruses that can make you sick! Some seriously dangerous illnesses like the West Nile Virus (WNV) are spread primarily through mosquitos bites. If you’re concerned about mosquitos or any other insects near your home or business, our team can provide Mosquito Control, Tick Control, Wasp Removal, or other Pest Services in Maryland.
- Mosquitos: Mosquitos are most active during the summer months when people spend time outside enjoying the weather. They’re large insects that can be seen flying around rapidly which makes them difficult to miss!
Pest & Termite Inspection Service in Maryland
It’s important for homeowners and business owners to have their properties inspected on a regular basis so they can maintain control over any potential threats. Our team provides routine inspection services in areas of Maryland where pests may try to get into your home or business. During these inspections, we check for potential problem areas that may require pest control measures taken care of by our professionals.
- Termites: Termites pose a serious threat to the structural integrity of your trees, home, and business if left untreated. They’re small insects that can go unnoticed for years before you start seeing damage on the lower portion of your walls or in hidden areas like crawl spaces. Don’t wait until it’s too late; contact us today for Termite Control Services in Maryland!
Demolition & Excavation Services for Pests & Termites
In addition to routine pest prevention measures, our team also specializes in services like demolition and excavation work. When you call us out for insect removal, we may find a potential problem during our inspection that requires more extensive treatment methods. During these cases, we use special equipment that allows us to dig down to the source of your problem so you can have complete peace of mind.
Get a FREE Lawn Care Quote Now
Quick Quote Form
12 winter lawn care tips to help your lawn go into hibernation during the cold months
Each year, as the weather cools down, your grass settles in for it’s annual cold-weather nap. And while it may well look like it’s dead, gone, and in need of a replacement, it reliably bounces back each spring. But what exactly is going on when your grass turns brown for the winter? And how can you be sure it isn’t dead? Read on to find out!
Wondering when to lime a yard in Maryland or Northern Virginia? Our soil experts are here to explain why your soil might need it, the benefits & best time to apply a lime treatment
Transform your lawn from dull to dynamic with aeration and seeding. In this blog, our soil scientist explains the best time to aerate and overseed in MD & NoVA
Orchard grass—it blends in easily, comes back each year, and can take over your yard if left to its own devices. It is one of the most consistently-forgotten lawn menaces, but, at the same time, is one that you’re quite likely to encounter. With that in mind, we want to help you better understand this weed and teach you a few of our favorite ways to keep your lawn healthy.
Weeds are an eyesore to every homeowner! Learn the 6 most common weeds found in Maryland & Northern Virginia, how to get rid of them and prevent future problems
Ensure your trees & shrubs reach their full potential and bloom bigger and better than ever! Create a lawn you’re proud of with a custom tree and shrub care
There are 3 main components to proper fertilization: nitrogen, phosphorus & potassium. Learn how these nutrients play an important role in proper plant nutrition.
All aeration and seeding services are not created equal. Knowing what questions to ask will ensure that you achieve great results with proper aeration & seeding
Trees and shrubs require nutrients, protection, and frequent attention to thrive. Know how to identify and treat health concerns with your lawn, yard or garden.
Wondering where all the pest you deal with during the summer disappear to in the winter? Find out here!
Have a mold or vole problem? To properly handle this issue, it’s important to understand these creatures. Learn 17 facts you didn’t know about molves & voles
It’s tempting to think that every bug you see is out to bite you, sneak into your home, or eat your plants. In reality though, that’s quite the opposite of the truth. Your yard is filled with insects whose presence and activity has positive impacts that reverberate across entire ecosystems.
An armyworm infestation can DESTROY your lawn in a matter of days if not treated quickly. Our lawn care experts have created this guide to help you take back your lawn.
The Spotted Lanternfly is known to feed on 70+ plant species! Our lawn care pros provide tips on how to protect your lawn from spotted lanternfly damage
Protect your family, guests, and pets from mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks by following these simple steps. You deserve to enjoy your lawn without the worry of pests!
Not only do grubs damage a lawn, they also attract moles & other yard-damaging guests. Usually, they will not go away naturally or on their own. Learn how to take back your lawn
Army ants are best known for their large, aggressive colonies. Learn how these pests work, survive, and most importantly, how to get rid of them!
Mosquitos are for suckers. Your family deserves better! Our lawn care experts share some easy tips & tricks to help you get rid of mosquitoes. Take back your lawn.
Bagworms grow and feed on trees causing significant damage. These pests can be dangerous and costly to your trees and shrubs. Protect your investment from bagworms
Expert Lawn Care Professionals Serving Maryland & Northern Virginia
You know every spring when your neighbor’s yard looks like it’s full of doggy doo. It’s actually not. They ordered aeration and seeding for their bald and patchy grass. How’s your grass lookin’?
There is nothing worse than having some sweet tea in a storm of mosquitos and your animals full of ticks. Let us make your outdoor activities stress-free!
There is nothing worse than your good looking trees getting infected by pests and having to call all out the tree folks to chop it down. We’ll make your trees and shrubs protected and help them live a long life.
Imagine playing catch with your kids or playing croquet and tripping over mounds and holes created by nasty, pesky rodents… we’ll take care of it and no ankles will get broken.
Our individualized plans are designed to get rid of pests on your property while also using some of the safest products that have passed both EPA inspection and our own safety qualifications.
Your home’s landscape beds are a major part of your property’s curb appeal. No one wants passerbys commenting on your unsightly beds! Let us make your property a hit.