Are you ready for your yard to look its best? At Blades of Green, we offer organic-based lawn care services in Springfield that are guaranteed to make your turf the lush, green paradise you’ve been dreaming about!
We’re a locally-owned, family business that’s been serving Maryland and Northern Virginia for over three decades. We love this area and always provide exceptional service.
The safety of your family and the environment is our top priority. The products we use are organic-based, EPA approved, and thoroughly tested before we let them near your family.
We provide exceptional lawn care in Maryland and Northern Virginia with excellent customer service, but don’t just take our word for it! We have the loyal customers to prove it.
Lawn Care Services in Springfield
Creating a healthy landscape is no easy task! That's why our expert technicians offer customized solutions that meet the exact needs of your turf. The technicians at Blades of Green are experts at identifying early warning signs of trouble—including nutritional deficiencies, diseases, and insect problems.
Clients Love Us - No, Seriously… they do! But don’t take our word for it.
We have been Blades of Green customers since 2005, for many different services from lawn maintenance, to sidewalk installation, to pest control, and there has never been a problem. We would highly recommend them to anyone.- Arlene M.
I signed up for this service as I quickly realized I do not have the time I thought I would to tend to the lawn. I am truly impressed with the service and quick improvement my lawn has had in the last two months! In addition to scheduled lawn care, the most recent tech De'Janae even brought my trash/recycling bins that were left at the street from trash day up to my garage during her visit. I appreciate the time and thoughtfulness I have seen thus far.- Arielle N.
Blades of Green lawn care service has been great to work with. When we moved here our front yard was nothing but weeds and now its nothing but GREEN! Every tech that comes by has been super professional and very pleasant. Any issue we have they come out and handle with their expertise however up keep like mowing and water is what we do and helps with maintaining. Would definitely recommend them to anyone who needs help with wanting a good looking lawn to be green and healthy!- Michelle Bergstrom
Comprehensive, Customized Lawn Care Solutions
Our approach to organic-based lawn treatments in Springfield is scientifically proven and customized to the soil and climate of our community in order to provide what your grass needs most. This includes:
- Initial Evaluation & First Round Application: Your service begins with a thorough analysis to evaluate the health of your grass, soil, and overall yard – but it doesn’t end there! Our highly trained experts will take care of your first treatment on the same day.
- Lawn Fertilization: We only use high-quality, organic-based products, giving your turf the nutrition it needs to really thrive.
- Grub Control: Grubs can destroy your grass by eating through the root system, killing your yard, and causing brown patches throughout your lawn, we prevent this from happening.
- Weed Maintenance: We eliminate existing weed populations with targeted control methods and prevent their growth using pre-emergent treatments.
- pH Testing & Lime Treatments: A healthy lawn starts with healthy soil. Our team conducts testing and corrects the pH balance of your soil to create the ideal growing conditions for your grassroots.
Mosquito Control in Springfield
In the spring and summer, mosquitoes are all over the place, but their threat doesn’t stop with those seasons. Blades of Green can protect you and your family year-round! With our comprehensive mosquito control, you’re sure to get the help you need. Even better, our mosquito exterminators only provide you with EPA-approved and plant-based treatment options in order to keep you and your loved ones safe.
When you partner with us for mosquito control in Springfield, you can expect:
- An in-depth inspection of your property performed by an exterminator.
- 7 recurring treatments that offer you protection throughout the year.
- The option between eco-friendly or green treatments for your satisfaction.
- A one-time mosquito treatment for special events.
- A significant reduction in the mosquito population around your property!
Tree Care in Springfield
Your yard has unique needs, and so do your trees and shrubs. With our tree care in Springfield, we implement a 6-step program to ensure your ornamentals are protected and nourished all year long!
- Early Spring: Oil treatment to prevent insects and slow-release fertilizer application for root development and foliage growth.
- Mid-Spring: Insect and disease prevention treatment and tailored nutrient application based on your shrub’s individual needs.
- Early summer: Insect and disease prevention treatment and tailored nutrient application based on your shrub’s individual needs.
- Late summer: Insect and disease prevention treatment and tailored nutrient application based on your shrub’s individual needs.
- Fall: Root injection to plants at risk for pests and selective fertilization applications, unique to ornamental trees and shrubs.
- Winter: Wax coat application to prevent damage from ice, wind, and freezing temperatures.
You'll Love Your Lawn—Guaranteed!
At Blades of Green, our lawn care services are designed to keep your yard looking wonderful—not just through the summer months, but all year long. We’re so confident that you’ll love your landscape after our treatments that we back our servies with a complete satisfaction guarantee. Stop spending time working on your yard, and start enjoying the outdoors again with family and friends!
Get a FREE Lawn Care Quote Now
Quick Quote Form
Service Areas in Maryland & Northern Virginia
- Accokeek, MD
- Annapolis, MD
- Annapolis Junction, MD
- Anne Arundel County, MD
- , MD
- Arnold, MD
- Baltimore County, MD
- Barstow, MD
- Bel Alton, MD
- Benedict, MD
- Bethesda, MD
- Bowie, MD
- Boyds, MD
- Broomes Island, MD
- Bryans Road, MD
- California, MD
- Calvert County, MD
- Carrol County, MD
- Charles County, MD
- Chesapeake Beach, MD
- Chevy Chase, MD
- Churchton, MD
- Clarksburg, MD
- Clinton, MD
- College Park, MD
- Columbia, MD
- Crofton, MD
- Crownsville, MD
- Davidsonville, MD
- Dowell, MD
- Dunkirk, MD
- Edgewater, MD
- Ellicott City, MD
- Fort Washington, MD
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Gibson Island, MD
- Glen Burnie, MD
- Glenn Dale, MD
- Great Mills, MD
Learn about the 10 most common types of weeds you can find in lawns throughout Maryland and Northern Virginia. Pictures included to help with identification.
Take the guesswork and stress out of lawn care. Allow our soil scientists to put their expertise to work to provide you with the beautiful lawn you want and deserve!
Appraisers estimate that a well-maintained lawn can add up to 15% to the value of your home. Follow these 5 tips to impress your potential buyers with captivating curb appeal
Summer is the most stressful time of year for your grass, trees & shrubs. Keep your lawn thriving all season long by following these summer lawn care tips.
Broccoli, kale, and cabbage are just some of the veggies you can grow in the fall. Follow these 6 tips to achieve a beautiful & bountiful fall vegetable garden.
Deciding between a national chain or a locally owned lawn care company? Read 7 benefits of using a locally owned lawn care company (yea, we’re a little biased)
It’s your lawn. What does it say about you? In this blog, our soil scientists will share lawn care tips to help you achieve AND maintain a healthy, lush lawn.
Impress your guests & neighbors with a healthy, beautiful lawn. Our weed control helps to keep your lawn weed-free! Take back your lawn
Trying to understand why your lawn has brown spots? This guide will help you identify the culprit, fix the issue, and prevent issues in the future.
You’ve worked hard to achieve the lawn you have. Prevent common grass diseases from ruining your hard work by learning how to identify and treat them.
Expert Lawn Care Professionals Serving Maryland & Northern Virginia
You know every spring when your neighbor’s yard looks like it’s full of doggy doo. It’s actually not. They ordered aeration and seeding for their bald and patchy grass. How’s your grass lookin’?
There is nothing worse than having some sweet tea in a storm of mosquitos and your animals full of ticks. Let us make your outdoor activities stress-free!
There is nothing worse than your good looking trees getting infected by pests and having to call all out the tree folks to chop it down. We’ll make your trees and shrubs protected and help them live a long life.
Imagine playing catch with your kids or playing croquet and tripping over mounds and holes created by nasty, pesky rodents… we’ll take care of it and no ankles will get broken.
Our individualized plans are designed to get rid of pests on your property while also using some of the safest products that have passed both EPA inspection and our own safety qualifications.
Your home’s landscape beds are a major part of your property’s curb appeal. No one wants passerbys commenting on your unsightly beds! Let us make your property a hit.