Award-Winning, Organic-Based Lawn Care in Chantilly, Virginia
If you’re ready to up your curb appeal, Blades of Green has just what you need! We’ll create a pristine landscape that you can be proud of, year after year. The yard you deserve is just a phone call away!
We’re a locally-owned, family business that’s been serving Maryland and Northern Virginia for over three decades. We love this area and always provide exceptional service.
The safety of your family and the environment is our top priority. The products we use are organic-based, EPA approved, and thoroughly tested before we let them near your family.
We provide exceptional lawn care in Maryland and Northern Virginia with excellent customer service, but don’t just take our word for it! We have the loyal customers to prove it.
Lawn Care in Chantilly
To transform your turf, we meet its specific needs through custom lawn care in Chantilly, delivering exceptional results that all the neighbors will notice. Whether you need organic-based lawn care, aeration, tree and shrub care, or even mosquito, flea, and tick control, Blades of Green has you covered. We’ll work to make a personalized plan that fits your property and your schedule.
Clients Love Us - No, Seriously… they do! But don’t take our word for it.
We have been Blades of Green customers since 2005, for many different services from lawn maintenance, to sidewalk installation, to pest control, and there has never been a problem. We would highly recommend them to anyone.- Arlene Morgan
I signed up for this service as I quickly realized I do not have the time I thought I would to tend to the lawn. I am truly impressed with the service and quick improvement my lawn has had in the last two months! In addition to scheduled lawn care, the most recent tech De'Janae even brought my trash/recycling bins that were left at the street from trash day up to my garage during her visit. I appreciate the time and thoughtfulness I have seen thus far.- Arielle Nielsen
Blades of Green lawn care service has been great to work with. When we moved here our front yard was nothing but weeds and now its nothing but GREEN! Every tech that comes by has been super professional and very pleasant. Any issue we have they come out and handle with their expertise however up keep like mowing and water is what we do and helps with maintaining. Would definitely recommend them to anyone who needs help with wanting a good looking lawn to be green and healthy!- Michelle Bergstrom
Boosting Your Lawn from Every Angle
With over 30 years of experience, we’ve had time to perfect our organic-based lawn care, creating a process that will have you seeing results in no time. We start by evaluating your grass and soil condition, as well as the current condition of your yard. We’ll also listen to your concerns and get an understanding of what you’re hoping to achieve. After that, we’ll craft your personalized treatment plan and return throughout the year to keep your lawn looking its best.
With our organic-based lawn services, you can expect a combination of:
- Fertilization: We strategically apply organic-based, phosphorus-free fertilizer throughout the year, giving it the necessary nutrients to remain strong throughout the seasons.
- Weed elimination and prevention: By using targeted weed treatments paired with pre-emergent treatments, we make sure weeds are a thing of the past. When we’re done, your grass will have room to thrive without weeds stealing away nutrients and water.
- Grub control: While they may seem like just another pest in your yard, grubs can actually do major damage. They eat through the root system of your grass, killing it and causing unsightly brown patches.
- pH testing and soil adjustment: Your turf does best with a certain pH level, which we maintain for optimal health. Without pH adjustment, your grass may not be able to absorb the nutrients it needs.
- Other services: Whether it’s bare spots, maintenance, insect activity, diseases, or poor coloring, we’ll do whatever necessary to remedy the issue. We also provide aeration and seeding services, as well as tree and
Aeration & Seeding in Chantilly
If your lawn needs a boost, refresh it with our aeration and seeding services. Aeration works to combat thatch, or dead organic matter, buildup that forms throughout the year that can limit your turf’s growth and water uptake. It’s a solution to a thin yard, bare patches, and brown spots.
Our aeration and seeding services in Chantilly include:
- Double-pass aeration for double the plugs, creating more routes for nutrients to reach the roots.
- 100% weed-free seed, creating a weed-free yard from the start.
- Power raking to treat hard-to-reach areas.
- Specialized starter fertilizer that gives your turf the nutrients it needs, promoting healthy grass from the beginning.
Benefits of Overseeding
While overseeding may not seem like a necessary step, it’s actually crucial to maintaining a healthy, beautiful lawn. The thicker the grass, the better it can withstand stressors such as heavy foot traffic. For optimal results, we pair it with our aeration service. Other benefits include:
- Filling in thinner lawns, creating thicker and denser grass.
- Improved overall appearance.
- Help with fighting insects and diseases.
- Regrowing patches that have been damaged by insects, disease, and stressors.
Mole & Vole Control in Chantilly
If you notice raised ridges or small, cone-shaped mounds of dirt, you might be dealing with moles or voles in your yard. These nuisance pests burrow deep into the ground, destroying the root systems of your grass, shrubs, trees, and other ornamentals. They can easily ruin all the hard work you put into perfecting your landscape, costing you time and money. Instead of letting these pests run amok, rely on Blades of Green to get rid of them with our professional mole and vole control in Chantilly!
Save $50 on Your First Treatment
The only thing better than getting rid of moles and voles is saving money while doing it. Dealing with these rodents can be costly, so we’re here to soften the blow. Sign up today and we’ll give you $50 off your first treatment!
The Best Methods to Eliminate Moles in Chantilly
Moles are tricky to get rid of, but they’re no match for our expert technicians. Our services combine three proven treatments to get rid of moles and salvage your yard. The methods we use include:
- Baits: Moles eat earthworms, which is why we use earthworm-shaped bait to lure them and get rid of them faster.
- Traps: In addition to bait, we use humane traps to control severe problems.
- Repellents: Our natural repellents help get rid of these pests in your yard without endangering your children or pets.
Get Rid of Voles in Your Lawn With Our Help
Here at Blades of Green, our vole control starts with an inspection to assess the severity of your problem. From there, we’ll construct a customized plan that’s specific to your property’s needs, which includes:
- Installation of weather-resistant bait stations on our first visit.
- Three bait treatments within the first three weeks of our service to get rid of voles.
- Ongoing maintenance and monitoring to ensure they don’t come back.
- Free service calls whenever you need them between scheduled visits.
It’s our mission to give you a yard you can be proud of, but we also want to keep you and your loved ones safe. That’s why we only use family-friendly, organic-based products that are also EPA-approved. Everything we use has to pass our own high standards, so when you choose Blades of Green, you can feel confident you’re making the safest and most effective choice.
Get a FREE Lawn Care Quote Now
Quick Quote Form
Service Areas in Maryland & Northern Virginia
Each year, as the weather cools down, your grass settles in for it’s annual cold-weather nap. And while it may well look like it’s dead, gone, and in need of a replacement, it reliably bounces back each spring. But what exactly is going on when your grass turns brown for the winter? And how can you be sure it isn’t dead? Read on to find out!
Wondering when to lime a yard in Maryland or Northern Virginia? Our soil experts are here to explain why your soil might need it, the benefits & best time to apply a lime treatment
Transform your lawn from dull to dynamic with aeration and seeding. In this blog, our soil scientist explains the best time to aerate and overseed in MD & NoVA
Orchard grass—it blends in easily, comes back each year, and can take over your yard if left to its own devices. It is one of the most consistently-forgotten lawn menaces, but, at the same time, is one that you’re quite likely to encounter. With that in mind, we want to help you better understand this weed and teach you a few of our favorite ways to keep your lawn safe.
Weeds are an eyesore to every homeowner! Learn the 6 most common weeds found in Maryland & Northern Virginia, how to get rid of them and prevent future problems
Ensure your trees & shrubs reach their full potential and bloom bigger and better than ever! Create a lawn you’re proud of with a custom tree and shrub care
There are 3 main components to proper fertilization: nitrogen, phosphorus & potassium. Learn how these nutrients play an important role in proper plant nutrition.
All aeration and seeding services are not created equal. Knowing what questions to ask will ensure that you achieve great results with proper aeration & seeding
Trees and shrubs require nutrients, protection, and frequent attention to thrive. Know how to identify and treat health concerns with your lawn, yard or garden.
Expert Lawn Care Professionals Serving Maryland & Northern Virginia
You know every spring when your neighbor’s yard looks like it’s full of doggy doo. It’s actually not. They ordered aeration and seeding for their bald and patchy grass. How’s your grass lookin’?
There is nothing worse than having some sweet tea in a storm of mosquitos and your animals full of ticks. Let us make your outdoor activities stress-free!
There is nothing worse than your good looking trees getting infected by pests and having to call all out the tree folks to chop it down. We’ll make your trees and shrubs protected and help them live a long life.
Imagine playing catch with your kids or playing croquet and tripping over mounds and holes created by nasty, pesky rodents… we’ll take care of it and no ankles will get broken.
Our individualized plans are designed to get rid of pests on your property while also using some of the safest products that have passed both EPA inspection and our own safety qualifications.
Your home’s landscape beds are a major part of your property’s curb appeal. No one wants passerbys commenting on your unsightly beds! Let us make your property a hit.