Award-Winning Lawn Care in Crofton, Maryland
We’ve spent over 30 years developing a lawn care program in Crofton that works. Using only the most effective products, applied by the most skilled lawn care professionals in Maryland—Blades of Green has what it takes to give you the results you deserve.
We’re a locally-owned, family business that’s been serving Maryland and Northern Virginia for over three decades. We love this area and always provide exceptional service.
We provide exceptional lawn care in Maryland and Northern Virginia with excellent customer service, but don’t just take our word for it! We have the loyal customers to prove it.
The safety of your family and the environment is our top priority. The products we use are organic-based, EPA approved, and thoroughly tested before we let them near your family.
Lawn Care in Crofton
Whether you're a native to Crofton or a transplant drawn in by everything we have to offer here, you know what a pleasant place it is to live! We've been serving the local community for over three decades, so we know how important it is to keep the area looking its best.
Clients Love Us - No, Seriously… they do! But don’t take our word for it.
We have been Blades of Green customers since 2005, for many different services from lawn maintenance, to sidewalk installation, to pest control, and there has never been a problem. We would highly recommend them to anyone.- Arlene Morgan
I signed up for this service as I quickly realized I do not have the time I thought I would to tend to the lawn. I am truly impressed with the service and quick improvement my lawn has had in the last two months! In addition to scheduled lawn care, the most recent tech De'Janae even brought my trash/recycling bins that were left at the street from trash day up to my garage during her visit. I appreciate the time and thoughtfulness I have seen thus far.- Arielle Nielsen
Blades of Green lawn care service has been great to work with. When we moved here our front yard was nothing but weeds and now its nothing but GREEN! Every tech that comes by has been super professional and very pleasant. Any issue we have they come out and handle with their expertise however up keep like mowing and water is what we do and helps with maintaining. Would definitely recommend them to anyone who needs help with wanting a good looking lawn to be green and healthy!- Michelle Bergstrom
Eco-Friendly Services from the Local Experts
Our eco-friendly, organic-based approach means our treatments are specially designed to give your lawn what it needs most at each point through the season. In fact, we only use products that have been rigorously tested and are safe for your family and pets.
Many of our local lawn care experts grew up in Crofton or nearby, so they know the ins and outs of what it takes to make your lawn thrive in this area. Heavy clay, sandy loam, humid summer, and cold winters are no match for our experts! And if you aren’t happy with our service, neither are we—which is why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
Year-Round Service to Nurture Your Landscape
We don’t believe in transforming your lawn with short-term fixes! Our goal is to use the highest quality products and a year-round approach to bring you long-term, sustainable growth. When you sign up for our lawn care in Crofton, we’ll start with a thorough evaluation of your lawn, including a soil test. Then, one of our friendly lawn experts will design a comprehensive lawn care plan for you, customized to meet the unique needs of your landscape.
Each of our lawn care packages is built with seasonality in mind. Our lawn care program in Crofton includes:
- Early Spring: Application of phosphorus-free, organic-based fertilizer and pre-emergent herbicides. Our team works to deliver beautiful early spring color and provide your lawn with everything it needs before the growing season begins. Ask about our bed weed control program to help keep weeds out of your flower beds and under control!
- Late Spring: To keep your lawn green and healthy, we rely on the liquid application of controlled-release fertilizers and herbicides that will keep weeds at bay through summer.
- Summer: Application of phosphorus-free fertilizer allows for extended nutrient release under the hot summer sun. If persistent summer weeds are a problem, we’ll spot a treat to keep your lawn looking beautiful during backyard barbecue season.
- Fall: Renovate, rejuvenate, and recover! Organic-based fertilizers promote top growth and recovery from summer damage. Add a fall aeration treatment to breathe fresh air into your landscape before winter.
- Winter: An application of limestone keeps your soil pH within an ideal range, allowing the essential nutrients we apply throughout the year to be utilized and taken up by your turf.
Lawn Aeration in Crofton
If your lawn is looking thin or suffering from brown spots, our aeration services in Crofton might be just the boost it needs. When too much thatch builds up in your lawn, it begins to block water and nutrients from reaching the roots of your grass. This results in an unhealthy lawn that looks brown and bare. But it doesn’t have to stay that way! By choosing either core aeration or liquid aeration, Blades of Green can help to loosen up your soil, allowing more water, air, and nutrients to reach the roots, leading to a greener, healthier lawn. Additionally, aeration creates the optimal environment for seed germination, which is where our seeding services come in. By sowing additional seeds, you’ll be able to see your lawn spring back to life.
The Safest, Greenest Treatments in the Industry
The benefits of our aeration and seeding care in Crofton can turn your lawn from drab to lush and green!
Other benefits include:
- Thicker grass that fills in bare spots.
- Increasing your lawn’s ability to fight disease.
- Making your lawn less susceptible to damage from insects.
- Erasing visible signs of stress in your lawn.
- Creating the best conditions for grass seed germination.
- Improving the overall appearance of your lawn.
Experience and Service You Can Trust
Our services are always tailored to the specific needs of your family and your landscape. It's not just our highly effective services and locally-trained technicians that have made us the most trusted lawn care company in Crofton—it's nearly three decades of exceptional customer service that have set us apart from our competitors. In fact, we take such pride in our service that we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, which includes free re-treatments to ensure you have a lawn you will love.
Get a FREE Lawn Care Quote Now
Quick Quote Form
Service Areas in Maryland & Northern Virginia
Tree and Shrub Care in Crofton
Just like your turf, your trees and shrubs need attention and care to keep them looking their best. That’s why we offer the best tree and shrub care in Crofton, so you can keep your yard looking its best all year long. During our consultation visit, our certified technicians will create a unique care plan just for you, and give you a quote for treatment the same day.
Our tree and shrub care combine seven techniques that will keep your landscaping healthy and vibrant. During treatment, our technicians will:
- Apply oil treatments to prevent insects from wreaking havoc.
- Promote root development and foliage growth with a slow-release fertilizer.
- Prevent disease by using top-of-the-line products.
- Tailor nutrient application to your specific needs.
- Perform root injections for plants at risk for pests.
- Selectively fertilize trees and shrubs with specialized products.
- Put on a wax coating to prevent damage from ice, wind, and extreme cold.
Mosquito Control in Crofton
The only way you can truly enjoy the outdoors is by getting rid of mosquitoes. That’s why we apply the best mosquito treatments in Crofton, so you can appreciate the time you spend outside with your children and friends. Our warm Maryland weather is a paradise for mosquitoes, so don’t let them intimidate you into staying inside. We have the best technicians in the area that can take care of any mosquito problem, no matter how extensive their population is.
Our long-term solution for mosquito control provides relief all summer long. Our mosquito control program in Crofton includes:
- An initial treatment and inspection of your property to identify where mosquitoes live and breed
- Seven treatments every 21 to 30 days from April through October where we apply products to kill adult mosquitoes and their larvae
- EPA certified products—the safety of your family, pets, environment, and guests are our top priority while mosquitoes are eliminated
Don’t spend another summer swatting mosquitoes!
Flea and Tick Control in Crofton
Fleas and ticks aren’t only a hassle, but they put your loved ones at risk of a range of pathogens and skin diseases! With our fast and effective flea and tick control in Crofton, Blades of Green will help you permanently get rid of fleas and ticks, giving you back your comfort and peace of mind.
When you partner with us for flea and tick treatment, you can expect:
- A thorough inspection of your home and property to identify the extent of your infestation
- A variety of treatments, including liquid treatments, to stop fleas and ticks in all their development cycles
- Treatment formulas that can withstand heat and rain
- A home free from ticks and fleas!
Get 50% Off Your Treatment!
You shouldn’t have to break the bank to be free of fleas and ticks. When you sign up with Blades of Green, you can save 50% on your flea and tick treatments! We believe in helping both you and your wallet.
Learn about the 10 most common types of weeds you can find in lawns throughout Maryland and Northern Virginia. Pictures included to help with identification.
Take the guesswork and stress out of lawn care. Allow our soil scientists to put their expertise to work to provide you with the beautiful lawn you want and deserve!
Summer is the most stressful time of year for your grass, trees & shrubs. Keep your lawn thriving all season long by following these summer lawn care tips.
Appraisers estimate that a well-maintained lawn can add up to 15% to the value of your home. Follow these 5 tips to impress your potential buyers with captivating curb appeal
Broccoli, kale, and cabbage are just some of the veggies you can grow in the fall. Follow these 6 tips to achieve a beautiful & bountiful fall vegetable garden.
Deciding between a national chain or a locally owned lawn care company? Read 7 benefits of using a locally owned lawn care company (yea, we’re a little biased)
It’s your lawn. What does it say about you? In this blog, our soil scientists will share lawn care tips to help you achieve AND maintain a healthy, lush lawn.
Impress your guests & neighbors with a healthy, beautiful lawn. Our weed control helps to keep your lawn weed-free! Take back your lawn
Trying to understand why your lawn has brown spots? This guide will help you identify the culprit, fix the issue, and prevent issues in the future.
You’ve worked hard to achieve the lawn you have. Prevent common grass diseases from ruining your hard work by learning how to identify and treat them.
Expert Lawn Care Professionals Serving Maryland & Northern Virginia
You know every spring when your neighbor’s yard looks like it’s full of doggy doo. It’s actually not. They ordered aeration and seeding for their bald and patchy grass. How’s your grass lookin’?
There is nothing worse than having some sweet tea in a storm of mosquitos and your animals full of ticks. Let us make your outdoor activities stress-free!
There is nothing worse than your good looking trees getting infected by pests and having to call all out the tree folks to chop it down. We’ll make your trees and shrubs protected and help them live a long life.
Imagine playing catch with your kids or playing croquet and tripping over mounds and holes created by nasty, pesky rodents… we’ll take care of it and no ankles will get broken.
Our individualized plans are designed to get rid of pests on your property while also using some of the safest products that have passed both EPA inspection and our own safety qualifications.
Your home’s landscape beds are a major part of your property’s curb appeal. No one wants passerbys commenting on your unsightly beds! Let us make your property a hit.