How to Prevent Ladybugs in Your Home in Annapolis
You may have enjoyed playing with ladybugs as a child, but when you’re an adult, a ladybug invasion can be a nuisance. Having your home overrun by these creatures can leave you wanting to pull your hair out. We are sharing our tips to prevent and get rid of small ladybug invasions.
Arm Yourself to Handle the Invasion
There are a few key tools you need to have on hand to prevent ladybugs from entering your home. You’ll need:
- Silicone caulk
- Caulk gun
- Non-expanding foam
- Weather stripping
Step-by-step Ladybug Prevention
An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure when it comes to keeping your home ladybug free.
- Seal any cracks and crevices in your home with caulk.
- Inspect screened windows, doors, and porches to ensure that screens are snug and there are no holes.
- Replace or repair screens as needed.
- Inspect your home's siding, door frames, and window frames for possible entry points.
- Use weather stripping and non-expanding foam to block entry points.
- Vacuum up any live or dead ladybugs you find and dispose of them away from your home.
Hint: If you want to release the ladybugs outside without hurting them, place a stocking around the wand of your vacuum cleaner and secure with a rubber band. This will help you catch them easily without harming them.
Ladybugs usually start appearing inside homes in Annapolis when the weather turns cooler in the fall and winter months. Ladybugs are looking for a place to lay low during the winter months, they normally do not lay eggs indoors. If your home is light colored and near the woods or a large field, you’re probably a prime target for these creatures.
If you are having trouble preventing ladybugs or other pests from entering your home, call in the help of a pest control professional in Maryland. They can help you safely protect your home from pests throughout the year.