Ornamental tree and shrub care for Kennsington, MD
After twenty two years of extensive mid-Maryland experience we have developed our own
custom blended fertilizers. Having led the change to environmentally applicable plans to our
treatment programs, we are able to balance the needs of your plantings with the needs of the
environment. You value your landscape; let us help you to keep the trees and shrubs healthy
Our technicians will visit your home six times in a year and will use organic products for your
plantings, from dormant oils, to wax coatings to organic based fertilizers.
Contact us for a free
Read about Top Tree and Shrub Health Problems
The Tree/Shrub program will protect your investment in your landscape by controlling:
- Harsh winter winds and ice
- Essential nutrients in the soil
How? Our customized 6 step program will keep your landscape healthy and beautiful.
- Early Spring: We apply a horticultural oil treatment before insects have a chance to develop. This oil prevents insects from hatching, before they can damage your landscape. We apply a balanced slow release fertilizer with micro-nutrients and iron to the root zone of your plants. These essential nutrients will promote root development, and foliage growth.
- Mid-Spring: Each plant is individually treated to protect them from spring insects (lace bugs, caterpillars, and mitts) and disease (leaf spot, scale, and rust). Nutrients are applied as needed.
- Early Summer: Each plant is individually treated to protect them from summer insects (Bag Worms, mites, and beetles) and Disease (powdery mildew, leaf spot, scale) Nutrients are applied as needed.
- Late Summer: Summer is when insect and disease problems often spread quickly. Both insects and diseases are monitored and treated as needed. Nutrients are applied as needed.
- Fall: Deep root injection to susceptible plants with systemic insecticide provides protection against harmful pests like emerald ash borer, hemlock wooly adelgid, and scale plus a fully-soluble fertilizer product that provides both chemical and biological fertility. Apply balanced fertilizer slow release fertilizer to all other plants.
- Winter: We apply a wax coat to protect your plants from drying out in the cold and ice of the winter and harsh winds.
Contact Blades of Green for a Free Consultation.