Introducing our new Organic-Based Phosphorus Free Lawn Care Program
"The Greener Alternate to Traditional Lawn Care"
We at Blades of Green believe now is the time to make changes in our program which will help increase our environmental awareness as well as doing what is best for your lawn. Our programs will now consist of phosphorus-free and organic-based products. Recently, the City of Annapolis passed legislation, Ordinance O-10-08, which restricts the use of fertilizers containing phosphorus. We are proud to announce that new program goes above and beyond the new ordinance by offering an organic based lawn care program that is also phosphorus free.
Our Blades of Green No Phosphorus Organic-Based Lawn Care Program contains organic material which can be derived from once living organisms like plants or animals and their by-products. These organic slow-release fertilizers replenish the soil with a rich supply of organic material and nutrients creating an environment for long term soil development. Giving you outstanding results your neighbors will be envious of. Contact Us now to get started.
Click here for a Free Analysis
"My grass has never looked better! We get compliments all of the time!"
"We love Blades of Green! Your service is prompt, accurate, and your staff is so friendly. Our yard used to be so ugly and full of weeds. Now itís absolutely beautiful!"
Our program consist of:
1. Spring: We apply a phosphorus-free organic-based fertilizer plus pre-emergent herbicide. This fertilizer delivers beautiful early spring color and an initial boost to get your lawn going. A pre-emergent herbicide is added to control and suppress many grassy and broadleaf weeds including crabgrass, henbit and chickweed.
2. Late Spring: To keep your lawn green and healthy, we apply a liquid application of a controlled-release phosphorus-free fertilizer. In addition, a liquid pre-emergent herbicide is added for extended crabgrass control through the summer months. Dandelions? No problem. We'll knock out dandelions clover and many other broadleaf weeds with this application, too!
3. Grub Control: Got Grubs? We have this optional service available to combat grubs as well as surface feeding insects. Click here for more information on Grub control.
4. Summer: Warmer temperatures bring heat and drought stress to your lawn. We'll beat the heat by applying a phosphorus-free high organic-based fertilizer for extended nutrient release when your lawn needs it most and it has a very low burn potential when the heat is on. Persistent summer weeds like oxalis and spurge will be selectively treated as problems arise.
5. Fall: Renovate, rejuvenate and recover! We will invigorate your lawn with a healthy dose of organic-based fertilizer (Phosphorus-free, of course!) to promote top growth and a speedy recovery from summer stress and damage. We will selectively treat any remaining weeds at this time. Fall is the best time to aerate and over-seed. This optional service will help bring your lawn back to life.
6. Late Fall: The most important application of the year. To help avoid winter stress and turf injury, we will apply a high organic-based phosphorus-free fertilizer to your lawn providing the essential nutrients needed and stored by the turf in your lawn to survive the winter months. An added bonus: better fall and winter color and earlier spring green-up!
7. Winter: A limestone application is made to adjust and maintain the desired soil pH of 6.5-7.0 allowing the essential nutrients we apply throughout the year to be utilized and taken up by the turf in your lawn. Click here for more Information on Lime.
Soil test: We test all of our customers lawns to make sure your lawn is getting what it needs Soil testing is required by the state of Maryland but we consider soil testing our best tool to provide your lawn with the custom care it needs. Click here for more information on Soil testing.
*Our No Phosphorus Organic-Based Lawn Care Program is also available without weed control. Click here for more information on Organic Lawn Care.
We offer many variations of the above program. Your lawn consultant will help choose the right program for you.
Click here for a Free Lawn Analysis
Be Blades of Greener!!
Tree and shrub care (Fertilization, insect and disease control, and wax coat for the winter)
Bed weed control (Eliminates weeds in your landscape beds, drive ways, sidewalks, and gravel)
Bag worm control (Stops and prevents bag worms)
Mole/Vole control (Eliminates moles/voles in your lawn)
Flea and Tick Control (Helps control fleas and ticks in your yard)
Aeration and over seeding
Total Renovation/Power Seeding
Organic lawn care program (Maintains your lawn naturally)
Pest control services (Ants, spiders, crickets, and other creepy crawlers)
Termite control (Environmentally friendly treatments)
Lawn care services (Keeps your lawn looking beautiful)